🖤✨️Fabulous Surprise Pregnancy, Sports Romance, with ALLLL the Feelings!!✨️🖤

Is it possible to have more than one favorite for 2024? I know I do, and Things We Burn by Anne Malcom is one of them! This book has ALL the emotions, some spice, a few twists and turns that I didn't see coming, but my favorite part by far is the raw, untamed emotion between Kane and Avery.

Avery's feelings about herself both when she meets Kane, and after she has Mabel are just so true to life! They resemble so much how so many women see themselves, even after birth as not DOING enough, not BEING enough, not giving it their all - even when Avery's sister, mother and her friends who had children all tried to tell her you can't. You have to LEAN INTO it and sit in your uncomfortableness, and let your little one let you know what they need. Man, is that hard as a first time Mama, especially when everything in our society has taught us to seek out that perfection.


Kane is the epitome of what I want in a man, but his flaws are super evident from day one. He knows what he wants, he pursues Avery and he shows her how he loves her. The problem there is that he also makes dang sure (in his head) that no one will ever hurt her, but by doing so it causes them both more pain and suffering. He says over and over again that he'd done the therapy, he'd done the work - but obviously not enough if he couldn't control his rage to do the "right" thing instead of what his manly man card told him to do in the moment. I adore his behavior after Mabel is born, the questions he asks himself, and his brother, and the convo he has with Kip about never, ever telling Avery he's "tired", lol! He does a bang up job, he is everything someone could want a husband, father, and YES, even LOVER to be (that beach scene?!?❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥)

I am enthralled with the Village of fiends Avery and Kane have in this book. Avery's Mama and sister make up my dream family, I swear they're everything y'all!! And her friends each bringing a different version of sister friend she needs right in that moment are just the most special people ever. I find myself hoping for Kane's brother, but it is a shallow hope right now because I feel that book will be so emotionally gripping, not that Things We Burn isn't, but there's a definite HEA here and I am in LOVE with this couple.

I try not to discern which books are 'the best' an Author has ever written, but Things We Burn might just be my favorite by Anne Malcome so far!! Thank you for a five star ride, I will never forget it, you are FABULOUS!! 


Get the ebook HERE:  https://amzn.to/3wY7ld6

#AnneMalcom #JupiterTides #KaneAndAvery #SmallTownRomance #AccidentalPregnancy #ReverseGrumpySunshine #SportsRomance #BookTok #BookBoyfriend #RomanceReader #KindleUnlimited 

Comments

Popular Posts