🧡The Ice Princess and The Cowboy!🧡

   Dust Storm by Maggie Gates is a widowed dad, reverse GrumpySunshine, plus size hero, Western Romance that broke me out of my book slump!!

Y'all, I finished this book in 48 hours, I am so excited! I absolutely adored this book, and I feel like there should be more hooks for the FMC, but maybe that's how Maggie Gates drew me in was with a questioning spirit about Cassandra. 

I have not enjoyed a female main character this much this year, but y'all Cass has got the 'wicked witch of the North', "why is she such a grumpy b****?", "what emotions is she hiding under there?" down perfectly!! I adore reverse grumpy sunshine where the guy is the sweetheart, and especially if the woman is an ice queen waiting to be thawed.

Cassandra doesn’t like kids, she doesn't like horses, cows, cowboys, or even Christian's sweet as pie with a backbone of steel mother, but underneath it all she keeps looking at Christian and thinking "he looks safe." 

Christian is just the BEST MMC I've read in a while. He doesn't have time for the publicist his Dad, and sister-in-law hired, but he's sure got time to look from the moment her ice-pick heels sink into the dirt of his Texas Ranch. He's got time to feel angry for her when he watches her fiancé flee in a dust storm (with fire ants crawling up his leg, because that jackhole didnt know to watch his step!🤣) And, he's got time to teach himself to do hair so his daughters always go to school with hair just as they like it, never mind that their Mama has been gone since they were very little.

Christian sees the very best in Cassandra, and tries his hardest to draw it out in her, even on the nights when she's drowning her sorrows in mint chocolate chip and booze because of a very bad, no good day. He teaches her to kind of like the horses, and she teaches him to not only do his daughter's hair, but stand up for them in every way - and she is a complete bada$$ doing this, y'all absolutely AMAZING!! As she tells Becks, "I don't like kids, I like these kids." 

The smexy times go from hot to HOT!! Christian is always worshiping his Queen, but that does not mean he's not in charge in that bedroom 99.8% of the time and I loved it all!! It made Cassandra feel protected, while still feeling so hot it sizzled.

This is absolutely the book I needed to break me out of a month long book slump, and I cannot WAIT for Ray's book, if you love Western, small-town, plus size hero's with an ice princess with "sass for days" as Christian says this is the book for you!! I know I'll be going through Maggie Gates backstock now for a while! 

One-click here:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CTB3HHXY


#MaggieGates #DustStorm #GriffithBrothers #CowboyRomance #WesternRomance #SmallTownRomance #WidowedDad #ReverseGrumpySunshine #ExiledNewYorker ##OppositesAttract #PlusSizeHero #SpicyBooks #Bookstagram #BookBoyfriend #RomanceReader

Comments

Popular Posts