🖤🖤 An Absolute Masterpiece!!🖤🖤

New to me Author, Brittainy Cherry has rocked my world with Gracelyn and Jackson in Disgrace.

  "He leaned in close, whispering against my ear as if he was revealing the biggest secret in the world. “You’re allowed to choose yourself first.”

Gracelyn has never chosen herself first, not even as her marriage is crumbling around her, but when she meets Jackson and gets over the idea that he might be a monster, she finally wants to choose something for herself first.

Rather than allowing her to just be her, relax, and heal, she is instead surrounded by townsfolk that don't really want to help, but would rather gossip angrily about her relationship with her husband and how she's not doing enough.


"I wanted to sit in the dark and be okay with my feelings. I wanted to bathe in the darkness and let go of the light. I wanted to be free to feel whatever I wanted to feel without the fear of others’ judgments being placed upon me. I wanted to be free. If only for one night…"

People have no idea what Gracelyn has really gone through, the trauma, the heartache, the medical injury, all they see is that she's not willing to do enough to get her man back, and she didnt do enough to keep him in the first place. And when she gets caught stepping out with Jackson thats seen as a double betrayal, never mind what her husband did and said to begin with.

"He stood for the idea that even on the dark days, one could still find light. During that summer, he became my faith, and I swore for a small moment, I was his." 

In those tiny moments she and Jackson belonged to each other and allowed each other to heal, no matter what the townsfolk said, or what was going on with their families. Would they be able to run back to each other, or is this tiny Summer love story all theyre allowed to have?

Brittainy Cherry's words, and phrasing - her ability to show two families in such immense pain, and the love that might come out of it, she has gained a fan for life!! I loved the side characters, Josie, and her sister Judy, both those women had wisdom that could carry them for days. Even as much as I didn't like the Harris family to begin with they showed how much forgiveness they could reach for, and give in their own right. Disgrace is a masterpiece, and I cannot WAIT to read another by Ms. Cherry.


Click here to purchase:

https://www.amazon.com/Disgrace-Brittainy-Cherry-ebook/dp/B07F2NT9NF/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?crid=3USWTIWBMC8HP&keywords=disgrace+brittainy+cherry&qid=1691539021&sprefix=brittainy+%2Caps%2C246&sr=8-1


#BrittainyCCherry #Disgrace #JacksonAndGracelyn #GrumpySunshine #HeFallsFirst #SmallTownRomance #Angst #EmotionalRomance #ContemporaryRomance #SubstanceAbuse #Miscarriage #TW Check the book.


Comments

Popular Posts