☆☆☆Brighton is Definitely Leading The Rangers!!☆☆☆


    Hadley Finn's Brighton was a rollercoaster of emotion and suspense from the first page to the last, and I honestly didn't know which one to fall in love with - Brighton or Eli, throughout the first half of the book!

Brighton has been the star of the Ranger family and as far as I'm concerned, the series. But it was kind of hard reading about Brighton being so insecure so much, watching her walk away from Eli and then walk back, and I don't blame her. After the kick Elias gave Brighton at eighteen, I can imagine it was hard to trust him ever again. I just wanted her to make a solid decision. 

Elias, omg!! He is trying to make so many decisions for the Ranger family, but I wish he'd have been honest, not just with Brighton - but also Braxton, from the very beginning. I understand he was following Kimp's direction, but I'm not sure Kimp was in a healthy spot (physically or mentally) to be giving those directives. I feel certain Brighton's Mama would have told Kimp to make different decisions.


It is obvious from the beginning that Elias loves Brighton, but as she asks later, when did that change? How was she supposed to trust that now? And when he can't tell her half of what is going on right up front - I don't know that I would have trusted him enought to let him in my bed, but I guess those hormones and pheromones are working HARD to get him in there!!

Braxton is his usual jerky self, but I think this time it's because no one has been honest and up front with him, and he has Colt to worry about. If you haven't read Braxton's book, this may be the part where you end up lost because Brighton does spend a good bit of time going back and forth going back and forth in time between this book and Braxton's right here, and even I was wishing I'd have had the time to do a re-read on Braxton.

The part that tore me up the most is the prologue, and then the part again where Brighton spends time with her Mama. The words she has for Brighron are so strong, sweet, and SUCH a good send off into the future of what she expects from her daughter. If you don't have that kind of relationship with your daughter, like I don't with my mother, I just say there and sobbed. It's making me tear up now - these are the kinds of words every daughter wants to hear from there Mama. 

The side characters in the Ranger family are a riot! Both Braxton and Layton can't seem to keep their mouths shut so that the relationship of Brighton and Eli can move at it's normal pace, but I'm not sure if Layton was being a jacka$$, or just trying to be funny. Either way, I'm sure Hadley will give him his own back in the upcoming book, Layton! Also, I love when animals are side characters! The new puppy, and the horses, are as always just beautiful! And I love Kimp (Pop) taking care of Colt and Brighton, and trying to help everyone heal. He's just a lovely soul.

Four out of five stars for Hadley Finn's Brighton, the only changes I'd make is less continuous back and forth between Eli and Brighton, and getting down to the nitty gritty of the book sooner. All that being said, it is a gorgeous book, and I loved Brighton's growth. I can't WAIT to see where Hadley goes next with Layton!!


ONE CLICK NOW: mybook.to/Brighton


#HadleyFinn #RangerSeries3 #Brighton #BrightonAndElias #RomanticSuspense #CowboyRomance #LawEnforcementRomance  #ForcedProximity #OneBed #Grief #Trauma #Cancer

TW: Death Of A Parent on the page 




Comments

Popular Posts