♡♡♡Tilly & Loch have secured their place in my top 5 for 2022!!♡♡♡


   Without A Hitch has to be one of the books that kept my head spinning the fastest this year! This is my first book by Avery Maxwell so I didn't know exactly what to expect, but Lochlan and Tilly absolutely kept me engrossed all the way through.

First the humor: Tilly and Loch are hands down the funniest couple I've read this year. Even when Loch didn't mean to be funny, he's just downright hilarious. The fight he puts up over the 'baby trackies' (and no one knows what those are but him!), and the words he uses only in his head, but has used them so often that his sister Nova knows he's using them just because of the change in his facial expressions had me snorting I was laughing so hard. The scene with Tilly on the scooter trying to race away from him is both hilarious, and somehow sexy! 

The sadness threaded throughout so much of this book did a number on me. It's not overwhelmingly angsty because there's so much more going on, but any time I stopped to take a breath I felt so bad for both of them. I wanted them both to find their happy so badly, and I really couldn't tell if there was going to be a cliffhanger or not (yeah, there's not!) So many horrible things both Tilly and Loch have had to survive, it has made it incredibly hard for them to not have closed their minds to but one way of finding their happily ever after. Even Tilly who spends most of the book lifting up everyone around her thinks there's only one road to her happy, and that just broke my heart for her.

The most powerful and sexy part in Without A Hitch is the underlying theme of love running alongside the humor and grief. It is so strong in some places that their love alone, even when they had yet to acknowledge it, brought me to tears. Avery Maxwell binds this couple together with some of the most beautiful words I've read so far this year.

Tilly shows her love in everything she does, even when she's kicking a particularly nasty bridesmaid out or switching dresses with the bride, she's doing it because she wants everyone to have that one perfect day and she loves them enough to help them find it.


Even Lochlan in his super crunchy, grumpy, cinnamon roll heart shows up for each of his best friends, and his family when they need him - not because he's going to get something out of it, but because he loves them so much he wants to ensure they are alright and they have their own HEA, even if he doesn't believe in it right now.

I love how Ms. Maxwell points out that love can, and should be, the underlying theme in every day life, even as we all struggle through the tough aspects. Tilly and Lochlan made sure Without A Hitch definitely won't be my last book by Avery Maxwell!! I'm off to add her entire backlist to my TBR!!


5/5 ⭐'s

7/5 🌶's


1-click here:

https://mybook.to/WOAH


#AveryMaxwell #TWSS #WithoutAHitch  #TillyAndLochlan #GrumpySunshine #CinnamonRoll #DoGooder #WeddingPlanner #Billionaire #RomanticComedy #ForcedProximity #BexBookRevieux #BookBlogger #Bookstagrammer #BookTok 


Comments

Popular Posts