♡♡♡So, SO MUCH LOVE for Forever, Con Amor!♡♡♡

 “You’re never a distraction, Chance. You’re my relief.”

A.M. Johnson's Forever, Con Amor is such an amazing reckoning into the lives of two young men who are struggling to find themselves, their found families, and the love they so desperately need.

"Every experience was different, every life unique, but I saw myself in their eyes. The hunger. The fear. The things we’d had to do to survive. Stuff like that bruised you in places no one would ever see." *words are changed to avoid being censored. *

"Found family is real family. I’ve been force fed that since I was seventeen. Believe me, I know. But it’s easier to just pretend to be enough. To put on my makeup and heels and frickin own who I am even though I don’t always feel like that’s the truth of it.”


Marcos is my catnip, a lot snarky, a little bit of a bully, but it's easy to see he's hiding his own pain and fear underneath all that snark. On top of that snark is his gorgeous face with the freckles he loves to hide, the lip gloss he uses so powerfully, I just want to snuggle him, even knowing he mostly rejects snuggles - it's easier and easier to recognize he rejects the snuggles because of his early family life, and how they tried to force him into one acceptable way of life.

I love how Marcos treats the kids at Pride House, the advice he offers, how he tries to keep them from making the same mistakes he did, and what they need to do if someone tries to force the issue.

Chase, WOW!, Chase is a completely different person stuffed in his own box for a long time. I love him too, but in an entirely different way. I was glad he seemed to have dealt with his prior issues before trying to start something up with Marcos, then I had a little niggling of worry when one of those issues just walked right on in his life. Not so much for Chase, but I was really worried Marcos would run for the hills.

Chase is also his own kind of special soft, and sexy. He and Marcos are that perfect combination of flash and fire together, they each give each other a soft place to land, and the perfect person to bounce ideas off. A.M. Johnson could not have given these two their more perfect person, I was just swooning for them at the end, and their Maurice Sendak quotes. So, SO MUCH LOVE. I almost always cry, with Amanda's books, but these were the best kind of tears!!

5/5 ⭐'s
7/5🌶's

1-Click now:
mybook.to/ForeverConAmor

#NewRelease #ForeverConAmor #AMJohnson #ForHimSeries #MMRomance #GayRomance #OppositesAttract #AgeGap #SlowBurn #BexBookRevieux #Bookblogger #Bookstagrammer #Booktok #Spicytok



Comments

Popular Posts