My Life As an Album series by LJ Evans is one of the sweetest tales of The South and its families I loved the hell out of in 2020!!


My Life As a Country Album

There's so much to this book, so much life lived in such a short amount of time. I haven't read a book in the first person POV without bouncing between both characters in a long time, and it was actually refreshing.

LJ Evans ability to tell a story that can shatter you in the middle, but still build you back up and leave you with hope and love again by the end is just one of the best reasons I'm drawn back to her words and new (to me) books time and time again.

Her ability to heal that pain in those families, and still leave the families connected and unbroken, helping them find love again in a new and peaceful way is one of my favourite things about her writing. The catharsis I find in her words is incredibly inspiring. 5 GLORIOUS stars for the football god and his dolphin!!

My life As a Pop Album

Mia and Derek are one of the most special couples I've met this year. Yes, this book moves fast. Yes, it may seem like an insta-love, but when you know, you know. When your heart gives you all the right signals there's really no reason to walk away from that.

Sweet, and soul satisfying, I loved everyone rallying around Mia to show her the forgiveness she's not been able to give herself, to lift her up in the way she's been doing the lifting these last few years. Everything I've come to love in LJ Evans writing.



My Life As a Rock Album

The letters from Sam to PJ, and PJ's reaction to his letters are loving, caring, but still somewhat angry, and obsessed on Sam's part, and when he doesn't get to see her when he finally demands it, things seem to go swiftly downhill at this point, but this is where Sam finally learns his limits and that to have a chance at PJ he finally has to let it all go.

Probably my favourite book in the My Life As an Album series aside from the first, My Life As a Country Album, the poignancy in this book just makes my heart hurt. Definitely one of my favourite books by LJ.

My Life As a Mixtape

Wynn and Lonnie's story is sweet, sad and loving, all while building that Slow Burn tension LJ Evans writes so well. There is so much miscommunication, and sometimes outright avoidance of telling each other the truth, that I fought hard against wanting to throw my phone against the wall. I think aside from My Life As a Country Album, this is the most angst riddled book in the series, and I absolutely loved ALL OF IT!

Wynn and Lonnie are amazing, and I adore the love and care the narrators obviously have for the characters they are speaking for. I was thrilled to have been able to listen to the audiobook, as well as reading My Life As a Mixtape! Worth 6 stars AT LEAST!!

Comments

Popular Posts