5 DARK STARS for The Sacrifice!!

Holy motherclucking demons and witches, and shifters, oh my!

This was a TON of FUN!! I think I've definitely found the kind of paranormal romance I am down with forever!!

I absolutely loved learning about Lenore and her coven. She doesn't eat meat, she makes it rain when she's sad, and I'm still trying to figure out if the coven was truly sending the demons the weakest witches they had every time, or if the demons were weakening them by trying to break them and force them to bend to their will. Either way I'm sure it was a shock to the demons to find a witch with powers they'd never seen.

Jessica's description of Lenore is beautiful with the black hair, curves, almost bee-stung lips, I could close my eyes and see a 1940's pin-up. Her attitude and spirit once Lycus drags her out of the basement is another thing entirely, she is not the girl next door, and if you thought you were getting a calm, gentle spirit, you were looking at the wrong woman!



Lycus is the kind of demon I could get down with, at least for a night or two! Tall, dark, and effing HOT (!!), when the change comes over him, he sports horns, a forked tongue, and some very sexy-sounding wings! And he is definitely NOT the only one!! From Minos to Ace, Seven to Red (the only girl demon in the bunch -- thank you, thank you for making her a Ginger, JG!!) all the demons are sexy, a little evil in their own way and down to cause chaos and mischief with the humans they spend time with!

There is so much more in this book y'all! Lenore happens upon a group of shifters while she's out in the woods one night trying to figure out how the map in Ace's room pinpoints to a certain spot. Already upset with Lycus, she doesn't even realize the danger until it's raining and she's surrounded by shifters. Then there's the problem with Minos, and why he's so sad all the time, this book has EVERYTHING!!

I'm not even including the huge plot twists, and giant roller-coaster spins toward the end, but I will say that I absolutely spent the better portion of the day lost in this alternate world, and it is my hope that there are SEVERAL more books in this series. I could see it going in so many fantastic directions, absolutely AMAZING Jessica, you hit a GRAND SLAM with this one!!

Comments

Popular Posts