Emeralds is hands down the best book I've read so far this year!

Going into Emeralds I still wasn't sure whether Blair could trust Ben, or Isaac, or if both were planning on selling her out. Things didn't look well for Ben at the end of Grenades, it was difficult to determine whether he would defend Blair, or back the sister who'd been a thorn in his side for what seemed like forever. Isaac's furtive, secretive behaviour dealing with the PM of England, and Lenox's fiancee made it very hard to become attached to him, but what endeared both men to me was their obvious, undying love for Blair and each other.



Annie wrapped the entire trilogy up in a nice, neat, tidy bow, even if she did wait until the very end to answer all the questions. I loved the care she took to ramp up the suspicion, intrigue, and holy wow (!) the sexual tension to the very last moments! By the end of the book I was deeply in love with Blair, Isaac, and Ben, and I never suspected the actual culprits. To say I was surprised with the last few twists and turns, and the reveal of all the characters involved in trying to force Blair's hand is an understatement.

An amazing end to a phenomenal trilogy that was so rich in dialogue, such care taken to show the beauty of their home and surrounding countryside, and the life they spent together, I am still in awe. If history, suspense, political intrigue, and an undeniably beautiful love story is your jam then you need to read the Tarnished Crowns trilogy. I know it's a story I will love and enjoy for years to come.


Comments

Popular Posts