Birds of Paradise is a dark, dark, Dark romance but if you devote the time it deserves you will be greatly rewarded!



As I read I expected characters I would love, as Anne Malcom usually gives us. What I found were two characters so devoid of light they seem to be hanging in the dusk between life and death. I found myself rooting for both of them, though it's arguable either has any traditionally redeeming qualities. Instead it is one dark thrill after another, taking a step back and then jumping forward so as not to miss the secrets hidden in the pages. The descriptions of both the characters and places like the dead things room are poignant, and at times heartbreaking.

In the end this has become one of my favorite books by Ms. Malcom. If you like dark romance with hidden twists and upside down rolls, join the rollercoaster ride that is Birds of Paradise, you won't be disappointed! Cannot wait to see what you give us next Anne!



Comments

Popular Posts