I really don't know the secret that Giana Darling uses to create the worlds she gives us, her readers. In only 3 chapters Giana absolutely gave me the bones and meat of the matter.

"I knew ’er so I knew that flash was fear. And I couldn’t have any’a that."

Lou knows she needs to tell everyone her news, but she's worried. What if something goes wrong? Zeus is the only one able to make it all better, and even he doesn't know how to help.

"It didn’t seem real. A family like the Garros. They were all so… big. Men with big bodies, big hands, big personalities that lit up rooms in big ways. Women with big hair, big styles, big hearts they wore on their sleeves for me to pluck at and keep if I wanted."

I honestly thought Ms. Darling was going to kill someone off at a certain point, but she shied away from that this time.



Instead, she chose to do something to ensure that the Fallen Sons MC is forever changed. For good, or for evil yet, I don't know, but I'm banking on Giana giving more secrets away to keep that pattern strong.

Fallen Son is an amazing short story that allows us the room to leave the past in the past, the ability to enjoy ongoing calm in the present, and excitement about the future (and who might be together in that future.)

One of my favorites for 2020, Giana has an amazing way of telling us just enough to get pumped up waiting for the shoe to finally drop as we look ahead. Absolutely worth 5 ⭐'s, it's so sweet to watch Garro's Fallen MC fall more and more in love with Lou, to watch them give a helping hand to one who desperately needs it, and to watch them starting to look at a prince who until this moment didn't know where he was headed.

📸: Giana Darling

Comments

Popular Posts