💗🧁Sweet with a Lot of Spice!!🧁💗

Rowan and Nora are super swoony for my first book of the year! Is it super cringey to say they were sugary sweet? I hope not because even with Rowan's bada$$ alpha self that's exactly what they were!

Nora is such a likeable character, especially with her anxiety and everything she's been through, that it doesn't even occur to her to not stop and offer help when its needed. She just has such a huge heart! 

I absolutely loved when she says "Shhh... My boyfriend is here!" Like we haven't all crushed HUGE on someone before in our lives, I love that Anne Malcom puts that in there in such a funny/snarky moment between Nora and Fiona, I can just see them arguing behind the counter over whether Nora's ever actually really talked to Rowan before!

Rowan, omw!!! I don't know that I have enough words for him! He is swoony, HOT, completely bada$$, and on the top, soft - like you're favorite down comforter! He just wants to take care of Nora, I mean he wants to do other things with her too 😉🥵, and set aside the squalling part of your feminist brain, he doesn't want her to set up in his castle and do nothing. He just wants to be a soft place for her to land at the end of the day, the kind of guy that won't mind cooking her a meal after a long day instead of waiting for her to hustle some more after she's hustled all dang day already.


Rowan has his own issues though. He and Kip, his best friend, have seen some stuff. They may never feel comfortable talking about it, and it makes it harder for Nora to take care of him like he wants to take care of her, but when he finally lays it all out? WOW! 

I loved, LOVED the side characters in Recipe For Love so much! Tiffany, Tina, Fiona, and Kip are an amazing supporting cast, so much so that I was crowing when I got to the end and discovered there would be more!! This isn't a one and done, and I'm thrilled! Also part of the cast, and this may not make sense to anyone but me, but the food!! The recipes are beautiful! I love desserts, even though I rarely make them, and just listening to Nora talk about them lends a sensual edge to this book that I think would be otherwise missing.

Five stars for a somewhat lighthearted, a little bit heavy, Recipe For Love from Anne Malcom!! 


🧁 ONE CLICK HERE:  https://amzn.to/3ERuI9d

🧁 GET THE PAPERBACK:  https://amzn.to/3HYVwGA


#AnneMalcom #RecipeForLove #NoraAndRowan #SmallTownRomance #FoodieRomance #MilitaryRomance #AnxietyDisorder #ContemporaryRomance #ContemporaryWomensFiction #BexBookRevieux #BookBlogger #Bookstagrammer #Bookish 

Comments

Popular Posts