☆☆☆A Heated, Snarky Round Robin of Snowed In Tropes!☆☆☆

Nicola Marsh's Did Not Finish was a snarky, heated introduction to her writing and I really was intrigued by both Mia and Axel! I thought Mr. Darcy absolutely stole the show, and if Ms. Marsh had given him actual thought bubbles I wouldn't have been surprised, he was that invested in the book!

Mia was probably my least favorite character in Did Not Finish, and maybe it was intended that way - I just found her closed off and unwilling to try to learn about others even through the 90% mark of the book when generally the characters are coming together to find their happy conclusion, etc. 

Axel on the other hand, even though he was a grumpy cinnamon roll and was refusing to give his partner's the honesty they deserved and he did show love for his best friend. He did show the integrity and honor to take a step back when his sister asked him to, and when Rolf and Christine showed him problems with his publishing he was able to pivot to keep growing.

I think even though this book was so interesting I finished it in one take, both characters had problems that just made them genuinely unlikable for me until the 90% mark. I thoroughly enjoyed Axels decisions towards the end of the book, and I adored Mr. Darcy's epilogue so much so that this will not be the last book I read by Ms Marsh. I give this book four out of five stars for such an intriguing plotline and story arc. 

3.5/5 ⭐'s

3/5 🌶's


1-click:

https://www.amazon.com/Did-Not-Finish-Nicola-Marsh-ebook/dp/B0BDS2MVFH/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?crid=32XHUEMFNDW71&keywords=nicola+marsh+did+not+finish&qid=1664835579&qu=eyJxc2MiOiIwLjM2IiwicXNhIjoiMC4wMCIsInFzcCI6IjAuMDAifQ%3D%3D&sprefix=%2Caps%2C114&sr=8-1


#NicolaMarsh #DidNotFinish #MiaAndAxel #MrDarcy #EnemiesToLovers #ForcedProximity #GrumpySunshine #CinnamonRoll #SnowedIn #Recluse #GilmoreGirls #StarsHollow #BexBookRevieux #BookBlogger #Bookstagrammer #Bookish #bloggersofinstagram #bookcommunity #BookTok @greyspromo 

Comments

Popular Posts