The Ice Prince is going to break Valentinas heart... AGAIN!


 Wow!! The angst and suspense in switching to The Chicago Outfit from the New York Mob just about did me in!!

Valentina has been widowed, and then ordered to marry Dante Cavallaro, the new Capo in The Chicago Outfit and a widower himself. But something about Valentina's situation just struck me differently, sent my spidey senses to twitching if you will. When I found out early on she was still a virgin, and then later that she wasn't allowed to view her dead husbands body, I had far too many questions, and then of course Cora had to go and wrench my heart in two so I wasn't paying attention like I should have been.


Dante Cavallaro, the new Capo for The Chicago Outfit lost his wife to cancer, and must replace her. Valentina is the perfect fit. Young enough to bear children, but not young enough to look like he's robbing the cradle like Matteo Vitiello is. Dante just didn't count on Val's fire, and when he finds out why she was a virgin he thinks to force more answers out of her, but Valentina is loyal to a fault.


The angst in this book almost did me in. I couldn't stand to see both of them in so much pain, and it wasn't even really a lack of communication, it was simply a lack of healing on both their parts. Dante having to make the decision he did in regards to his wife's cancer is racking him with guilt, and Valentina losing Anthony as young as she was, no matter the status of their relationship has not allowed for any real healing.

This book floored me!! Every time I don't think Cora Reilly's books can get any better, she stretches just a little bit farther!! I am on pins and needles getting ready to start Bound By Hate!

1-click here:

https://www.amazon.com/Bound-Duty-Blood-Mafia-Chronicles-ebook/dp/B00R6C7580

#CoraReilly #TheChicagoOutfit #MafiaRomance #DarkRomance #RomanticSuspense #AntiHero #MadeMen #BexBookRevieux #Blogger #Bookstagrammer #Bookaholix #BookTok #SmutTok 

Comments

Popular Posts