10 ⭐'s for Kelsey Kingsley's semi-autobiographical new novel, Scars and Silver Linings!


I don't have adequate words, Kelsey has completely wrapped my heart around this beautiful book. I'm so honored to have been able to read it early, and she's done an amazing job!

When Kenny walked into the bar, I think my heart shivered a little. You can just tell, this is the best kind of story. I was angry with the current man in her life for his reaction to her pregnancy, but by the time her beautiful baby was born, Brendan was pretty much an afterthought for me. 

My heart hurt with her for her experiences trying to get through her pregnancy with the only support being her parents, and an amazing bartender (I mean really, we all need some guy who makes mocktails and wings while our lives are basically crumbling.)


Goose's story is just as amazing as Kenny's, and his strength in sharing his experiences, and supporting Kenny whenever he felt life was crowding her too closely, just *SWOON!* 


Every page of this book is a treasure, even the hard and scary parts are clearly written with so much love and passion for both the subject and her craft, this will definitely not be my last book by Kelsey Kingsley! 


As a personal note, my own wife had many of the same experiences Kenny did, and she was virtually alone for all of it. Thank you for showing me more clearly what her experience was like, and how to love her through the trauma that has never really ended for her. 

Comments

Popular Posts