Excellent Second-Chance Romance for new to me author Greer Rivers!!

 A HOT 3.75 stars rounding up to a 4 for new to me author Greer Rivers!!

This is my first book by Greer, and I find myself in love with her characters by the END of the book.

The ML in Escaping Conviction, Jason, is a former Army special forces, super sneaky, sexy guy that abandoned his woman and his sister trying to help rescue women and girls who were victims of human trafficking. He's sweet, but ignoring his suffering PTSD when he gets back, and continues to ignore his sister and not try to make things right with his ex. On top of all this when he does back up with the ex it's because he's been arrested on suspicion of murder and is a suspect in a missing person's case. Instead of focusing on this, he's immediately arrogant, wanting to somehow show her what she's been missing, as though he didn't abandon her for a hot minute!

Juliet, the FL, is much more likeable, super smart, working as a defense attorney, she's been watching out for Jason's sister while hes been gone. The only thing I didn't like about her was I felt she gave in too quickly, while still maybe holding on to her anger too long. Other than that I absolutely love her brash intelligence, her wit, her sense of humor, all of it!




I loved all of the suspense parts of this book, i thought the Crew was awesome, Jules assistant, Nora is a complete Bada$$, and leaving it for the last minute to see if the Crew could beat out the bad guys, find the girls, and figure out if they could keep Jason from spending the rest of his life behind bars was OUT OF THIS WORLD!!

The epilogue was righteous, and I think the series will be bomb-tastic as long as the guys aren't so severely stuck in their own way for quite so long. Other than that I thought the book ended great, and the series has an excellent future ahead!

Comments

Popular Posts