🖤✨My first book by Haley Jenner, Impact was life changing for me!

The fight for the pot of gold at the end is worth it every time.

This book, these writers, have broken my heart and healed it at the same time.

"This is the hardest thing for us humans to do. Be our perfectly flawed selves. But how can we expect someone else to love us when more often than not we despise ourselves?"

Haley Jenner created magic with their words, and I am in awe. This new to me author rocked my world, and Impact is definitely the first of many of their books I'll read and love.✨🖤



The cool air feels like a sucker punch to the chest, robbing me of air.

I gulp. My failed inhale twisted harshly with the sob I let go. It hurts. The sound. Listening to your heart split roughly down the middle. Louder than any bomb blast, any gunshot. The deafening tear so viciously raw it feels as though a hand has pushed through your chest bone. Bones shattered as the very organ keeping you alive is pulled from your body without regard.

I felt empty after Miller. Numb. Like I’d died. Which is what I thought I wanted for a time. This though, this is different. I’d give my life to be suffocated by that numb once again. This time, I feel everything.

Overwhelmed by every negative feeling you could possibly conjure, my body is trembling, quaking, readying itself to explode into a million irredeemable pieces.

I begin walking, my feet rushing home with the need to hide away.

Safe.

My bubble.

My sanctuary.

~ https://amzn.to/39fiAxd

Comments

Popular Posts