Wow, Claire did it up right! 5 perfect ⭐s!!

I've been looking forward to the Bailey's for what feels like years now, at least when we met her in the Miles Family series, and Claire Kingsley did NOT disappoint!

I have never read an origin story before, at least not one where I was at least half in love with one of the people being introduced as THE couple in the series, so I admit I was a little apprehensive. I'm not big on Cliffies (cliffhangers) unless there is a decent reason for one. Plus, I didn't know why Asher had gone away. What if I didn't like him, or what if I felt like he got what he deserved?


This book though? It is perfect! Hram telling Grace to keep her eyes open was my clue, and from them on I felt like I was waiting for the Hammer to drop on Asher and Grace's happiness. And boy did it ever drop, right in the middle of their happiness, Ms. Kingsley managed to make me cry in the same paragraph with both happiness and grief.

I'm glad there are only eight days left, so I'm not twisting in my own misery, wondering if Asher has made it through. I'm not worried about Grace, she's a Miles, and after everything else she's already gone through she'll handle this just fine. Five perfect ⭐s for a book that not only gave me a great new couple to fall in love with, but also made me care very deeply for a young man taking the only steps he knows to keep his family safe.



Comments

Popular Posts